Friday, July 10, 2009

FW: Thank You

A nice note from Group C's John (nee "rookie") John Mowat:
Ron,
I can't thank you enough for your generosity of time, energy and spirit (and food, lodging, transportation, gifts, and more!) in including me in this year's Extravaganza 2009.  It was such a special time for me for so many reasons.   
  • It was my first time to Montana and I shudder to think how I could have gone decades from now and never have discovered this gorgeous land and these stunning rivers.  And I now can't wait to return to Montana.
  • It was my real introduction to fly fishing, which, for good or bad, I simply cannot get out of my head; the technique, the water, the never-ending learning, those damn crafty fish... it's got its hooks in me good.  
  • It was a wonderful opportunity to spend 4 solid days with my dad, who is truly one of my best friends.  And 
  • I consider myself very lucky to have been able to spend this time with your wonderful family and the entirely awesome Group C gang; I feel I've made some real friends that I hope to keep in touch with, and at the very least, see next year in Montana!  As a rookie fly fisherman, I am very grateful for all the valuable advice I received from this group... with none of the laughter my technique probably deserved!  My only concern is that my rookie status will no longer be a valid excuse... so by next year I'm going to have to come up a whole new batch of excuses for not reeling in the fish! 
Thank you again, sincerely, for allowing me to be part of something so wonderful.
All the best,
John

   

No comments: